Wednesday 25 November 2015

Porridge with Raisins, Coconut, Banana, Maple Syrup, and Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds

I love porridge, it's the food I eat for breakfast most often.
And this morning was another tasty porridge oats day.

Porridge, with banana, raisins, coconut, maple syrup, and chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Mmm! 😋


First thing this morning I took Barley, our rescue Lurcher, for a nice long walk, it was fairly cold out with temperatures hovering around 1 degrees centigrade. When I got back to the house Mr.R had Barleys breakfast all ready and waiting for him, and as I was also very hungry I made a lovely warming bowl of porridge, with a few extras.
I added raisins, coconut, and maple syrup to my porridge as it simmered on the hob.
Then when my porridge was cooked, I chucked a chopped-up banana in the bowl, over which I dished-up my porridge, and then I drizzled some more maple syrup over it, and finally I sprinkled a few dark chocolate covered sunflower seeds on top.
It was seriously tasty - hot, sweet, chocolatey, and delicious.
Are you a porridge lover?
What's your favourite way to eat your porridge oats?

No comments:

Post a Comment