Friday 6 November 2015

Bulmers Original Cider - Cider Review

Cider used to be my favourite drink whenever I went to a pub.
I'm talking about many many years ago, before cider was as popular as it seems to be now.
I mean, cider was popular, with serious cider drinkers, but it wasn't as mainstream as it is now, there weren't as many adverts on TV etc.

Now I'm not such a fan of cider, mainly because I live up North, where it's too cold. Haha!
Seriously though, it is very enjoyable to sup a pint of deliciously cold cider on a lovely warm sunny day - of which we get few here. Hehe!
Well, other people may consider the weather warm, possibly in the Summer, but as I am always cold, it never feels warm here to me.

Bulmers cider 🍏🍺

Anyway, I'm rambling.......

Bulmers Original Cider is one of the most popular ciders in the UK.
It's not an artisan cider, so when Mr.R bought some a while ago, we weren't expecting to be overly impressed with it.
Having said that, apart from the colour, which is slightly scary because it looks so fake. Surely it's not that colour from apples? It looks quite horrible and full of nasty chemicals. Despite the intensity of the colour, it tastes alright.

We hadn't drank Bulmers cider for a long time, but we enjoyed it. It was a lot better than many of the common ciders available today.

Bulmers Original Cider isn't overly sweet like so many of them are, and it was very light, crisp, and refreshing.
The label says Estd 1887, so presumably Bulmers do know a little bit about producing a drinkable cider, and this was exactly that - a pleasant drinkable cider.
It smelt of apples, no surprises there, and as I said it is very light, a bit like apple flavoured water, I don't mean that in a bad way - it slipped down very nicely.
I'm not sure if we'd rush to buy/drink Bulmers Original Cider again, but we enjoyed the bottles we bought.

Bulmers cider 🍏🍺


From the label -
Bulmers No9 
We use big apples, small apples, juicy apples and bittersweet apples to make the well-balanced and medium-sweet flavour of Bulmers Original cider that you know and love. 
Enjoy poured over ice for ultimate refreshment.  

Do you like cider?
Have you tried Bulmers Original Cider?
What did you think of this cider?

No comments:

Post a Comment