Tuesday 18 August 2015

Marcel Proust - The Real Voyage Of Discovery

I know posting quotes is a bit of a cheat compared to blogging my own words, but I was just sitting here thinking about our old life in the South of France, which then got me thinking about Marcel Proust, which then made me think of this quote, so I'm sharing it with you.
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

P1300013

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

I know some people say that Marcel Proust is hard to read, but I absolutely love the way Proust used words.
His sentences flow exactly the same way as my kind works.

When we lived in France Mr.R won a lovely set of hardback books by Marcel Proust. I thoroughly enjoyed reading À la recherche du temps perdu, or in English, In Search of Lost Time.
I'm not a particularly fast reader, unlike my mum who speed reads, but I read the first book in a few hours - it was an excellent read.

Actually I've just realised that this blog post is mostly my own words, so everything is tickety-boo.
But, back to Marcel Proust.
Are you a lover of the work of Marcel Proust?
Or do you think his work is hard to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment