Thursday 11 June 2015

Cotes de Rhone Villages 2013 - Wine Review

I first started to write this wine review over a year ago, and as we haven't drank it again since, I'm struggling a little to remember exactly how it tasted.
Not sure why I didn't complete my initial blog post? Possibly because I was too busy drinking wine. Haha!

Cotes de Rhone Villages 2013 is made using a blend of Grenache and Shiraz/Syrah grapes.
And having mustered my little grey cells into action, I have this to say, it's a smooth wine with big fruity flavours of blackcurrant, blackberry, raspberry, gooseberry, blueberry, and lovely deep spice, black pepper, a pleasant floral taste of violet, and I tasted liquorice too.
A very nice medium-bodied red. I think it cost about £5.

Cotes de Rhone Villages 2013


From the label -
French Dry Red Wine.
This well-balanced wine is produced using a blend of Grenache and Syrah grapes.
It is characterised by its soft tannins and crispness on the palate. 
Once opened, consume within 3 days.
12.5%vol.
Have you tried Cotes de Rhone Villages 2013?
What did you think of this red wine?


No comments:

Post a Comment