Friday 27 February 2015

Internet Breaks, Reading, Beer, and Favourite Quotes

This afternoon, as I was looking through some of my old sketch books, which also have pages and pages of seriously hard to decipher writing in them, I came across this -
I like a good read myself. Nothing too laborious. I don't want to tamper with natural ignorance.


Quote


It seemed apt that I read the quote when I did, because as well as flicking through my doodles and scribbled handwriting, I was also reading a book.
Yep, I actually put down my gadgets, went offline, and read a book, with real words - hmm, and pictures.

You see, when I said I was reading a book, what I really meant was I was flicking through the pages, half-heartedly reading the words, of which there weren't many anyway, as I salivated over the pictures.

Salivated? Why?
Well, because the book I was reading was Craft Beer World by Mark Dredge
Well, what can I say, I love beer, and reading anything is still considered a break from messing about online - as least I consider it to be a proper break from the Internet.

Free book. Almost as good as free beer - but not quite. #beer #beerbook #CraftBeerBook
I added a photo of the beer book, to separate the text, as usual I've rambled on and on.......


Anyway, this blog post is not a review of the Craft Beer World book, although I'm sure I will get round to writing one at some time in the future, it is about that quote.
I read it, it tickled me, so I asked Google who said it.

Ah, yes, Google, obviously I had to go back online to find out where this quote originated. Not that you can believe that the information attributing quotes to certain people is 100% correct, but anyway, my search results indicated that this quote is from the 2004 film A Good Woman starring Helen Hunt and Scarlett Johansson.

I like a good read myself. Nothing too laborious. I don't want to tamper with natural ignorance.
I like this quote, what about you -
Do you like it?
What are your favourite quotes?




No comments:

Post a Comment