Thursday 29 January 2015

Vietnam - Remembering Some of Our World Travels

I titled this blog post, Remembering Some of Our World Travels, but because we spent 2 years travelling, and we were moving on every few days, either to a new town, or different country, neither of us can remember everything we did, or where.
We were exhausted a lot of the time. Travelling is fun, and we are truly grateful that we were able to take-off for as long as we felt like it, to see some more of the World, but it can also be a seriously tiring time.

Green. Bananas. 🍌 Market. Hoi An. Vietnam.
Market trader, Hoi An, Vietnam

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle. Nonsense! These fish needed a bike.  Dalat. Vietnam. fish. goldfish. motorbike. bike. Street life. Candid. Travel.

Fish, Somewhere? Vietnam


I often look through the thousands of photos we shot during our World travels, that's not an exaggeration; at one point we had over 25,000 photos on our various gadgets, which meant we spent quite a few nights deleting images to make room for more photos.......
And although usually, as soon as I see a particular photo I am momentarily transported back to the time and place depicted in the image, sometimes I get mixed up, thinking I'm looking at a photo from say Thailand, when in fact it's a shot taken in Laos.
I know! I know! First World problems.

Through. Imperial city. Citadel. Hue. Vietnam.

Imperial City, Hue, Vietnam

Random. Market. Da Lat. Vietnam. sweets. car. jeep. Army keep. coffee. statue. Travel.

Market, Da Lat, Vietnam


Anyway, I love apps, and one of my favourites, no make that my absolute favourite is Instagram.
I enjoy messing about with my images in various photo editing apps as well as in the Instagram app itself, and uploading an image, that admittedly looks quite unlike the original shot. But I always keep the original too.
Another app I like is TimeHop. Lately I've been getting daily updates that are full of photos we shot during our travels in Vietnam.
And so, finally, I'm getting to the point, this blog post is simply for me to upload some of our Vietnam travel photos.

Market. Hoi An, Vietnam.
Market traders, Hoi An, Vietnam


I'm not going to ramble on with lots of information about each individual photo.
For one thing, as I've already said, I can't remember exactly where some of the shots were taken, and also for us Vietnam is Marmite.
You either love it, or hate. I don't like the word hate, so I'll just say we didn't love Vietnam.
Well, actually that's not quite correct, we liked the country of Vietnam, it was the people that meant it wasn't one of our favourite countries on our travels. The South of Vietnam was the main place we didn't like, the North was much friendlier.

Nha Trang. Vietnam.

Architecture, Nha Trang, Vietnam

Shop. Hoi An. Vietnam. building. architecture. Travel.
Architecture, Hoi An, Vietnam


Having spoken to lots of other people, both family, friends, and strangers, who have visited Vietnam, it seems we're not alone in thinking that it's like Marmite. Everyone we spoke to, both before we went to Vietnam, and during our trip, said they either loved, or hated it. No one was in the middle, it's a country that evokes strong feelings in people - or at least in all of the people we talked to about it.

Pour. Vietnam. market. food. Street life. Candid. Travel.
Street Market, Somewhere? Vietnam


Japanese covered bridge. Chua Cau Nhat Ban. UNESCO. Bridge. Japanese bridge. Hoi An. Vietnam.
Japanese Covered Bridge, Hoi An, Vietnam


I'm not saying we had a terrible time in Vietnam, we didn't, but we didn't have the best time of our lives either.
Different strokes for different folks.

New Year decorations. Hoi An. Vietnam. lanterns. truck. traffic. cherry picker. bikes. shadow. Travel.

New Year Decorations, Hoi An, Vietnam


Duck - more graffiti in a pub in Hue, Vietnam.

Duck, our travelling companion, and his grafitti on the wall in Liberty Bar, Hue, Vietnam



Little bit of video shot at the Imperial City, Hue, Vietnam

Anyway, that's enough of that.
The photos on this blog post were mainly shot on an iPhone, and as you can see heavily edited.
If you are interested in reading more about our Vietnam travels you can read about it on one of the blogs Mr.R has by clicking Our Travels in Vietnam.
Do you like Marmite?
Have you been to Vietnam?
What's your opinion on Marmite, or Vietnam?


No comments:

Post a Comment