Thursday 16 October 2014

Triple Chocoholic Stout from Saltaire Brewery - Review

I love beer, and I love chocolate, so chocolate beer is something I'm always happy to try.

Triple Choholic. Saltaire. Real ale. Ale. Beer.


Mr.R recently bought me a bottle of Triple Chocoholic from Saltaire Brewery.
I think we've had it before a while ago, but I couldn't remember if I'd liked it.
It cost £3.10 for a 500ml bottle. Alc 4.8% ABV.

Unfortunately it didn't hit the spot for me. That's probably why I couldn't remember what I thought of this chocolate stout the first time I tried it, I didn't like it, it was not memorable.
I found Triple Chocoholic too bitter, and I couldn't taste any chocolate at all, not even the slightest hint of chocolate flavour. Disappointing.

Don't let my negative review of this beer put you off trying it though, because it is a very popular, award winning ale.
This beer won in the stout category at the Hong Kong International Beer Awards in 2012.
Triple Chocoholic is exported to Belgium, Brazil, Italy, and Mexico.
It's most recent win was a gold medal at the Great British Beer Festival 2014 - so someone obviously likes it.
Triple Chocoholic stout is a winner!

Triple Chocoholic. Saltaire Brewery. Real ale. Beer.


From the label -

Bordering the World Heritage site of Saltaire in Yorkshire, Saltaire Brewery uses traditional brewing methods to produce great ales, with a contemporary twist!

Style - A speciality chocolate stout.

Malts - Pale Maris Otter 80% Pale Oat Malt 4% Torrefied Wheat 4% Chocolate Malt 12%

Hops - Fuggle hops provide bitterness and aroma

Tasting Note - A smooth chocolate stout with a strong chocolate aroma and flavour provided by the addition of cocoa, chocolate syrup and chocolate essence.
Are you a stout fan?
Have you tried Triple Chocoholic Stout from Saltaire Brewery?
Did you like it?



No comments:

Post a Comment