Wednesday 3 September 2014

McGuigan Black Label Shiraz 2013 - Wine Review

Sweet! But not in a good way.

McGuigan Black Label Shiraz. Australian wine. Red wine. Wine.


That's just about all I can say about this wine from Australia.
The first sip was overwhelmingly sweet. Sickly sweet.
I thought maybe my tastebuds were missing something, but Mr.R also thought this wine was horribly sweet.

McGuigan Black Label Shiraz. Australian wine. Red wine. Wine.


I could say that this wine is spicy, and has flavours of blackberry jam and plum, with a hint of vanilla, caramel, cinnamon, and pepper.
But I can't, because that sounds as though I liked it.
I did not like this wine. It was just too sweet, and the sweetness overpowered everything else.
In fact, McGuigan Black Label Shiraz was so horrible, that there's still some left in the bottle - which never, ever, happens in this house. Yuck!

McGuigan Black Label Shiraz. Australian wine. Red wine. Wine.


From the bottle label -
This classic Australian Shiraz has rich flavours of ripe plum, blackcurrant and spices. Well rounded with a smooth, mouth filling finish, it is a perfect accompaniment to most dishes, especially tomato-based Italian and red meats. 
Have you tried McGuigan Black Label Shiraz 2013?
Did you enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment