Sunday 17 August 2014

Winemakers Choice, South Eastern Australia, Shiraz, 2013 - Wine Review

You say Shiraz, I say Syrah. Shiraz, Syrah, Shiraz, Syrah...........

Yep, this is another wine review.
Well, I say review, but I'm sure it's pretty obvious from my previous wine review blog posts that I'm not especially serious about this topic.
No, actually that's not entirely correct. I am serious about wine, I love red wine, which is why I drink it - a lot of it. But as our budget only allows us to drink the lower priced wines, there's obviously not that much I can say about many of them. It's not the wines are bad, they're perfectly drinkable, they're just not complicated or complex.
I mean, at the moment we aren't exactly buying fine wines, we're buying basic supermarket cheap plonk.
So, not to generalise too much, the wines we're buying, and drinking, are all pretty much the same - they look, smell, and taste - like red wine, with subtle differences but nothing so specific that it merits mentioning.

Shiraz. Red wine.

Mr.R purchased his bottle of Winemakers Choice, South Eastern Australia, Shiraz, 2013, from Aldi.
We hadn't been to our local Aldi since we moved here, but a couple of days ago we decided to pop in and see what it was like.
The wine selection was alright, so we were happy.
Crikey! This 'wine review' is more like a nonsensical rant, followed by an Aldi supermarket review - oh well, it is what it is.
But there are two photos of wine, so I think that makes everything alright.

Australian red wine. Shiraz.

From the bottle label -
A smooth and fruity, easy drinking Australian Shiraz. Great with roast or barbecued red meats or full-flavoured pasta dishes. 

We obviously liked this Winemakers Choice Shiraz; the bottle is empty, and it's in the recycling bin. :)
Do you like Australian wines?



No comments:

Post a Comment