Monday 11 August 2014

Latvia - Riga

We visited so many places during our most recent World travels that I tend to get them muddled up.
I'm kidding! Well, not really, I do get some of the different countries, cities, towns a bit confused, not so much the places, but remembering where certain buildings, or bars were etc.
And speaking of having a bad memory, I can't remember if I've already posted these photos of Latvia - so I'm posting them again.
They were all shot in the capital, Riga - I think? ;)


Untitled
The Academy of Science, completed in 1958. It was the first skyscraper in Latvia.
It's sometimes nicknamed Stalin's Wedding Cake, due to its shape.


Untitled
Tram - obviously


Memories of Latvia. #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #Riga #Latvia #Latvija #travel #freedommonument
Freedom Monument - in honour of the soldiers killed during the Latvian War of Independence 1918-1920.

We really enjoyed our time in Latvia, the architecture, the people, the history, the food, the beer - everything.
Have you visited Latvia? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment