Friday 18 April 2014

Sun - What a Bright Beautiful Start to the Day

It's Sunny!
It's not Sunday, it's Friday, but it was a sun day.

This mornings dog walk. #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #sunrise #sun #sunshine #sea #view #nofilter #noedit

This morning we were blessed with glorious bright blue skies and lovely sunshine.
Although the sun was shining, it wasn't particularly warm, but then it is only April, and we are in the North of England.
The sea views we are lucky to have from every room in our house are of the North Sea, not the Mediterranean.
Mediterranean dreams aside, it was very nice to be able to sit outside in the sun. Well, I say sit, but actually I spent most of the morning squatting on the back-door step, or running about with Barley, our lovely Lurcher.
In fact the main reason I even set foot outside was to play with Barley, he loves being outside, and really enjoys playing tug with his toys.
I thoroughly enjoyed playing with Barley, and he had fun too. Barley also had fun chasing, but thankfully not catching, the huge bumble bees that seem to be everywhere recently.
There was a bird sitting on top of the telegraph pole outside out house, he was enjoying the sunny weather too, happily chirping away. If you strain your eyes, you can just about make out the bird in the photo below. I didn't manage to get any photos of Barley, he was too fast, zooming about.

Bird.  Bird on telegraph pole. Sun flare.

By nature I always feel cold, so I absolutely love the sun, but I don't enjoy sitting in the sun. Typical me, contrary.
Anyway, the sun meant we could play outside, but because it was cold it also meant Barley had a good play because I was trying to keep warm, so I got some much needed exercise.
Playing tug with Barley was a good workout for me, he's much more fun than a rowing machine. And as I sit here typing this blog post I can feel my arm muscles have been well used.

Freckles.  Proof the sun was here.


By about lunchtime the coolness had got the better of me, so I retreated inside, much to the displeasure of Barley, poor dog - he'd happily play all day and night.
Once my eyes had readjusted to the light indoors, I noticed that my face had caught the sun a little bit. My nose and cheeks now have freckles. I must remember to slather my face in lots of suntan lotion tomorrow - that's if the sun graces us with its presence again.

Have you had your Vitamin D today, did the sun shine on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment