Thursday 3 April 2014

Fog, Mist, and Haze

Fog, Mist, and Haze

I am quite obsessed with the weather, and not just because I'm British - and us Brits seem to like nothing more than moaning about the weather.
I'm obsessed with the weather because it affects me, and Mr.R too.
We are not suited to bad weather, not at all. It always makes us feel bad, nothing too serious but just lethargic and everything feels like a huge effort. We also suffer from nasty sinus trouble, and I get horrible headaches too.
So, we much prefer good weather.
We are suited to pleasant, sunny, and hot weather.
I know this, Mr.R knows this, we know this. So it's quite mad that we have settled back in Blighty, but that's another story.

Misty Morning!  #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #fog #foggy #mist #misty #bench #parkbench #buildings #streetscene #blackandwhite


Anyway, the weather here has been really crappy lately.
We've had days and days of fog, mist, haze whatever you want to call it.
Are they different conditions? I'm not sure, all I know is it's been bleak.
The weather app on my phone says different things each day, for example yesterday was described as fog, the day before was mist, and today is haze.
Personally I can't see any difference, to me every day has been bleugh, crappy, and most definitely foggy.

Allotments. #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #tree #fog #foggy #blackandwhite


We usually take Barley, our lovely Lurcher, for his morning walk just down the road from our house to the open countryside, where we stroll across the fields by the sea.
But as the weather has been so miserable we fancied a change yesterday, so we strolled off in a different direction. We ended up walking round the local streets until we all felt like returning to the house - there's only so much gloom we can endure.
As we had chosen not to walk in the fields by the sea, we had the opportunity to take some photos that weren't of the sea, which made a change from our usual morning walk shots.

Quiet. #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #cemetery #graveyard #gates #irongates #trees #fog #blackandwhite


As I said the weather was grim, which is clear from my photos, but I quite like them. They have a slightly eerie feel to them.
I've included a few of the photos that we shot on our morning dog walk.
Foggy photos aside, I say - bring on the Summer!

Silent. #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #cemetery #graveyard #fog #trees #blackandwhite

I like all of the four seasons, for different reasons, although I prefer the warmth of Summer.
What's your favourite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment