Thursday 27 March 2014

Spicy Lamb - Secret Recipe, Roasted Curried Potatoes and Parsnips, Coconut and Sultana Basmati Rice, and an Aubergine and Tomato side dish

Spicy Lamb, with Roasted Curried Potatoes and Parsnips, Coconut and Sultana Basmati Rice, and an Aubergine and Tomato side dish :)

Thankfully Mr.R spends a lot of time in our kitchen.
For this I am truly thankful, I love his cooking, it's my favourite food.
Mr.R being happy to do all of the cooking is good, it means I don't have to.
I can cook, but I don't enjoy cooking.
Eating, on the other hand, is something I do enjoy.
Speaking of hands, I have been known to eat with my hands. I don't call it bad manners, I prefer to think of it as eagerness to stuff my face with the delicious food Mr.R has lovingly prepared for me.
Today was a day when I felt my cutlery was not adequate enough, and I couldn't resist using my fingers too. Some food just seems to taste even nicer when eaten using my hands.

Spicy Lamb.  Roast Parsnips. Roast Potatoes.  Coconut and Sultana Basmati Rice. Aubergine and Tomato.
Anyway, as I have just uploaded a blog post about the cold, wet, and generally depressing weather we've experienced today, (I included lots of pretty flower photos to that blog post so it's not all gloomy), I thought I'd write about something much more enjoyable. Food!

Spicy Lamb.  Roast Parsnips. Roast Potatoes.  Coconut and Sultana Basmati Rice. Aubergine and Tomato.
Today Mr.R cooked us a seriously good lunch.
Actually Mr.R makes us good food every day, but, being a meat lover, our lunch today was especially tasty. Lamb!

Having been blown-about by the wind, and battered by the cold on our dog walk this morning with Barley our rescue Lurcher, I decided to go back to bed when we returned to the house.
That decision turned out to be an excellent one, as when I woke up, just before lunchtime, I came downstairs to be greeted by the tastebud tingling aroma of spices, and roast lamb.
Oh my God! It smelt so good.

After a while, when I'd woken up properly it was time for Mr.R to dish-up.
We do own a dining table, and we do eat our meals while sitting at it, but today the crappy depressing weather meant we felt like dining casually, by which I mean we sat on the sofa to eat our lunch.

Spicy Lamb.  Roast Parsnips. Roast Potatoes.  Coconut and Sultana Basmati Rice. Aubergine and Tomato.
Mr.R had been cooking up a storm, weather reference not intended, in the kitchen all morning. But our lunch was actually in the early stages of preparation last night, when Mr.R ground lots of spices, which he soaked in oil for a while before smothering the leg of lamb in the spicy concoction.
The lamb was left to marinate overnight.
Today Mr.R roasted the spicy lamb.
He served it with coconut and sultana basmati rice, roasted curried potatoes and parsnips, and an aubergine and tomato side dish.
Delicious!
Seriously Delicious! And the perfect meal to beat the Winter blues.

The photos definitely do not do the spicy lamb justice, my only excuse is that as soon as I saw it I wanted to eat it, not waste time faffing about photographing it.

Spicy Lamb.  Roast Parsnips. Roast Potatoes.  Coconut and Sultana Basmati Rice. Aubergine and Tomato.

Are you a lamb lover?





No comments:

Post a Comment