Tuesday 10 December 2013

Delicious Prawn Stir-Fry

Mr.R enjoys cooking, which is good because I am not a domestic goddess.
Although I do have the body of a god - Buddha.

Mr.R definitely looks after our family very well when it comes to food.
Every day he cooks lovely meals for the two of us, as well as cooking food for our dog, Barley.

Yesterday we ate a very tasty prawn stir-fry for our lunch. It had so many ingredients in it, it was bursting with vitamins and minerals, and all things good.
Actually it was two separate dishes, one of which was beansprouts with kale. I love kale, it's so yummy.
The other stir-fry had a load of ingredients including, prawns, mushrooms, carrots, sweetcorn, peas, lettuce, courgette, aubergine, tons of onions, garlic, and ginger, lots of spices, and a few other things.

Yummy! #blog #blogger #blogging ©http://laurasdiatribe.blogspot.co.uk #food #lunch #stirfry #beansprouts #kale #prawns #mushroom #sweetcorn #carrot #peas #courgette #aubergine #lettuce #onion #garlic #chopsticks

I always thinks stir-fry tastes nicer when eaten with chopsticks, which is what we used.
Mr.R ate all of his lunch using chopsticks, whereas I only ate about three quarters of my lunch with chopsticks before I swapped to a fork. Not because I can't successfully use chopsticks, but because I am a very slow eater which means that usually by the time I am about half way through my meal the food is almost cold, so a fork helped me scoff down the remainder of my stir-fry before it went completely cold.

Chopsticks. Somehow a stir-fry tastes nice when eaten with chopsticks.

Many years ago, and for many years now, we always ate the largest meal of the day for dinner, in the evening. But when we moved to the South of France about a decade ago, we were rarely hungry in the evening, so we weren't eating much food at all and our daily intake was unhealthily low, which is when and why we switched to having our largest meal of the day for lunch. To this day we continue to eat the bulk of our daily food for lunch, with a smaller meal in the evening, usually a sandwich or sometimes soup.

The French tend to eat lunch early, we often found restaurants completely full just after midday.
That's not something we ever enjoyed, much too early for lunch, for us.
We don't have a strict routine, or any routine really, when it comes to food, we eat when we're hungry.
Lunch being our main meal of the day, is consumed from any time between about 2pm until 4pm. I guess it is roughly by around about 3pm that we've chowed down on whatever lovely lunch Mr.R has cooked us. The latest we've ever eaten lunch was at 8pm, but that was because I was cooking, see I told you I'm no Nigella Lawson.

Chopsticks. Somehow a stir-fry tastes nice when eaten with chopsticks.

Ha! I seem to have wondered off topic slightly from the delicious prawn stir-fry we ate for lunch yesterday, to France, mealtimes, and daily nonsense.
So, I shall stop now, other than to say once again that yesterday Mr.R made us a seriously delicious prawn stir-fry for our lunch.
I married very well.

Do you enjoy cooking?
Do you like stir-fry? If so, what are your favourite ingredients?

No comments:

Post a Comment