Wednesday 13 November 2013

Tangle Teezer, The Original Detangling Hairbrush, Review

I recently purchased a Tangle Teezer brush, and I'm very pleased I did. 


The box the Tangle Teezer is packaged in has lots of information about it.
Here's some of what it says:
"Innovative teeth configuration for dual action, effortlessly detangling.
Memory flex technology, gentle and ideal on wet and dry hair.
Unique centralise concave delivers optimum results from roots to ends.
Ergonomic ally designed for a palm friendly, non-slip fit."


My hair is, not my crowning glory - for many reasons.
1. I'm too lazy to bother doing anything with it.
2. I don't enjoy visiting hair salons as I don't like people (strangers) touching me, or being sat facing a huge mirror while the stylish babbles on and on.......
3. I'm not particularly girly, or self-obsessed with my appearance. 
Oops, slightly sidetracked. ;)


So, back on track. My hair is fine, but there's quite a lot of it, or so said a stylist I visited many many moons ago.   
I rarely brush or comb my hair. This may sound like an exaggeration, but it's totally true. In fact prior to purchasing the Tangle Teezer hairbrush I hadn't brushed my hair for about a decade. 
The reason I don't brush my hair is simply because it hurts too much. And it makes my hair even more full of static than usual. And I just never think about brushing it. 


But lately, after suffering severe stress, I noticed my hair was looking much thinner. So I thought maybe brushing it would help to remove the loose dead hairs, and the act of brushing could possibly stimulate my scalp, which could improve my limp locks. 
But as I said, brushing my hair has always caused me pain. 
Pain because my hair is crazy. It's always full of knots and tangles, and I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, of course it's tangled if you don't brush it for 10 years. Even when I have regularly brushed my hair, which was when I was a child, by which I mean my mum used to brush it, it was still full of tangles. In fact when I was about 8 years old I told my mum I wanted all of my lovely long hair chopped off because I disliked it being brushed. 
I had it cut very short in a pretty pixie style. I liked it, and more importantly no more tears when my hair was brushed. 
Maybe I should chop my hair off now, but as I said I'm far too lazy to do anything with my hair, and short hair cuts always need a lot of attention; regular trims and styling etc. 


Having lived in the South of France for 10 years, followed by 2 years spent travelling around the World, I'd been out of the loop re beauty products, so I hadn't heard of the Tangle Tweezer Brush. 
I can't remember where or when I first found out about it, but I think I read something online and then I used Google and almost everything I read about it was positive. I read lots of reviews before checking it out on Amazon UK. We tend to buy most things we want and/or need via Amazon because it's usually cheaper then elsewhere and always reliable. 


The reviews were good, so I ordered a Purple Tangle Teezer Brush from Amazon UK. It cost £8.36.
It arrived quick. But as I'm not in the habit of brushing my hair, I didn't use it for a while, I didn't even take it out of the box for about a week. 
Eventually I thought I'd try out my new brush. 
Although I'd read lots of positive reviews I wasn't actually expecting it to be the great product so many people were raving about. Not because I thought the success of the product was due to great marketing, but because my hair truly is a mass of tangles. But I was in for a surprise. A pleasant surprise. The Tangle Tweezer worked, it worked very well.  


The Tangle Teezer is very light, it's made of plastic, with lots of thin, and flexible plastic teeth, in what looks like two different lengths, there may be more than two lengths, my eyesight is not perfect. 
The shape of the brush is similar to a kidney bean. Before I used it for the first time, I assumed, as the box states, that it had been ergonomically designed to fit the hand comfortably. 
That's the only thing I don't like about the Tangle Teezer, the shape. It doesn't feel comfortable in my hand, and I don't think my hands are unusually shaped. The brush feels like it's the wrong way round to me, if the bristles were on the opposite side it would feel more comfortable. But that's just a small niggle, and although it doesn't feel as though it fits comfortably in my hand it is not uncomfortable - if that makes sense. 
It just struck me as odd that a hair brush that has supposedly been designed to be a specific shape to feel comfortable when held in your hand - isn't particularly comfortable. 
Had they not shaped it as they have, and just made it a standard oblong or square block shape, I wouldn't have commented on it not feeling comfortable. 
Hmm, and now due to my rambling I think I've overstated the 'problem' with the shape, comfort etc. It really is not a problem. 


So that's what it looks like. 
How does it work?
Within a minute or so of brushing my hair, aka birds nest, it was completely knot and tangle free, and better still, no tears were shed. :)
The Tangle Teezer is nice to use, the thin plastic teeth pleasantly tickled my scalp. The act of brushing my hair didn't cause lots of static, which usually happens when I brush my hair. 
I was pleasantly surprised how quick and easy the Tangle Teezer had detangled my unruly hair. 


After being so impressed with my first use of theTangle Teezer I fully intended to brush my hair daily, but old habits.......
This meant I didn't use the hair brush again for a couple of weeks. But I used it yesterday and once again it painlessly, and quickly untangled all of my many tangles. 
I know it's early days, as despite owning it for quite a while now, I haven't used it often, it does seem to have had a positive effect on my hair. 
I have always left clumps of stray hairs everywhere I go. I seem to lose a larger than 'normal' number of hairs each day, there are always lots of hairs on my clothes, bed, floor, sofa etc. but since using the Tangle Teezer I'm pretty sure I've been losing less hair, which is good. 
Also my hair doesn't have anywhere near as much static as previously, which is especially good because the static used to cause me to get painful electric shocks off of everything I touched. 


So, yep, the Tangle Teezer, The Original Detangling Hairbrush, it works well for me. I like it, a lot. :) 

Oh yes, one last thing, the hairbrush is made in Britain. That makes a pleasant change, it's a sad rarity these days that anything is actually made in Blighty. I know it's silly, but knowing it's made here makes me like it just that little bit more. 

Tangle Teezer, The Original Detangling Hairbrush, made in Britain, and highly recommended for sorting out all of your hair tangles. 


Is your hair your crowning glory?
How do you look after it?
Do you use a Tangle Teezer? 





No comments:

Post a Comment