Monday 9 September 2013

Safe-T-Strips

Slippery When Wet!

Yes, I'm clumsy, so it's highly likely that I'll slip when showering which is why I bought a pack of non-slip stickers for the bathtub. 

I searched Amazon UK for some suitable anti-slip bath stickers, which took me way too long to choose. 
The reason being, I don't particularly like them. They're untidy, and make me feel old, I never used to slip and slide whilst bathing. Haha! ;)

Anyway, as I have skidded, and almost gone ass-over-tit every single time I've used the shower since we moved in to our new house about a month ago, I thought I'd better do something about it. 
Actually as a soap-dodger it hasn't really been that often that I've nearly come a cropper. Ha! Joke! ;)

Right, so I finally chose a pack of horrible, make me feel old, anti-slip bath stickers and that was it. 
Well, when I say I chose that's not true. I'd been browsing Amazon for so long the battery on my iPad had gone from fully charged to 'plug me in to the juice or I'll die!' So thankfully Mr.R took over the task and said he'd choose some. Phew! The pressure was off me. 


Within a minute Mr.R said he'd found some. Great!
I'd told him I wasn't bothered what he ordered, and to buy the cheapest he could find. 
Having spent hours looking myself, I knew I was definitely over-thinking the anti-slip bath stickers. 

Mr.R said the ones he found were Safe-T-Strips, they were cheap, the packet contained 8 plain strips, and they were cream coloured. 
I'd have preferred white, but only because the bath is white, but whatever, they were cheap and they'd do the job - stop my clumsy nature causing me injury.

 
The Safe-T-Strips arrived quickly, I read the instructions. 
Yes, I know putting stickers in the bath isn't rocket science, but I'd read several reviews on Amazon that said the stickers didn't remain stuck for long, but the reviewers did say that was because they hadn't followed the instructions properly. 
I thought surely you just clean the bath, let it dry, stick your stickers where you want them, and voila!
So, I read the instruction, and yep, that's exactly why you do - clean, dry, stick, job done. 

Oh yeah, I forgot the bit about initially putting the anti-slip stickers in the desired position in the bath without removing the paper backing. 
Odd I forgot to write that before, because it was when I did that, that I said yuck! 
The colour wasn't what I consider to be cream, it looked more like baby poo. I don't want poo marks in the bath. 
I stood back to make sure I wasn't imagining it, but nope, the Safe-T-Strips were not nice, they looked exactly like emery boards. 
So I was pleased that I had read the instructions, because if I hadn't I would have, in my typical slap-dash style, have stuck them to the bath. And then undoubtedly I'd have trouble removing them. 


I know it's not really important but there's no way I'm having the stickers in the bath. 
To make it clear, it's nothing to do with the design or colour of the pack of Safe-T-Strips we purchased, but I just don't like the look of them. 

Unsurprisingly Mr.R sighed and shook his head when I said I'm not using the anti-slip stickers. 
He's not as anally retentive as I am. He'd have just stuck 'em down and never given them a second thought. 
I can't use them, they'd trouble me. Thanks OCD! ;)


So, what to do?
Simple! I went straight on to Amazon UK and checked that the anti-slip bath stickers I'd originally wanted were in stock. They were. Yay! :)
As I sit here typing there's a brown Amazon envelope winging its way to me containing some very sensible, grown-up anti-slip bath stickers. 
Yep, I ordered a pack of 5 bright yellow ducks! 
I knew I shouldn't have fought my inner geek, I should have just ordered the duck stickers in the first place. 
Obviously I need to pay more attention to Sheldon and his words of wisdom on The Big Bang Theory. ;) :o 
Goodbye dull beige bath stickers, hello cute little yellow ducks. 
Well, if they're good enough for Sheldon, they're certainly good enough for me. :)

Quack! Quack!







No comments:

Post a Comment