Friday 26 July 2013

50 Things I'm Grateful For

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom 
~ Marcel Proust

 
So many of us focus on what we want, not giving much thought to what we already have. 
I admit to taking things for granted. But I also appreciate that I am blessed in many ways. 
I am grateful for everything I have, and all that I am


50 Things I am Grateful for ~ in no particular order. 


1. Life! Pretty self explanatory. I am alive! How wonderful is that?

2. Husband. I have no idea how he loves me. He just does. Which is amazing, because I'm hard work. 

3. Mum. My mummy, the loveliest person I've ever known. I am truly blessed to be her daughter. 

4. Love. I could live without love, but I wouldn't want to. Isn't love breathtakingly brilliant?


5. Family. I absolutely love my family. I may not have a big family, but it's definitely quality that counts. 

6. Dogs. They truly are our best friend. They love unconditionally, and are always pleased to see us. :)

7. Eyesight.  It's wonderful to wake-up every day and see the World afresh.  

8. Sunshine. Seeing the sun shining always warms my heart. 

9. Food. I am grateful that I have enough good food to eat every day. 

10. Work. Or rather, not having to work for someone else, in a job I dislike, for a boss who's not nice.


11. Photography. I love photography in all of its forms. 

12. Debt. Being debt-free. I'm grateful I don't owe anyone anything. 

13. Thirteen. The number 13. Just because. :) 

14. Rain. For quenching the thirst of the trees, plants, and animals. 

15. Hearing. I'm grateful for good hearing, being able to hear laughter, birdsong, music.......

16. Electricity. It's fab! I use it every day. I've lived without it, I didn't enjoy that experience. 


17. Health. I am grateful that I have good health. 

18. Sleep. I'm an insomniac, but when I do sleep I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate every second of it. There's no place better than bed. :)

19. Time. I've had quite a lot of it, and I hope to have lots lots more. 

20. Speech. I talk, a lot. I'm grateful I have a voice, even if my poor hubby never gets any peace. ;) 


21. Voice. Not the same as speech. I'm grateful for the little voice in my head. It keeps me company when I'm alone. ;) :o 

22. Seasons. Spring. Summer. Autumn. Winter. There's something good about all of them. 

23. Brain. I'm no Albert Einstein, but I'm grateful my brain works as well as it does. 

24. Car. Being able to get from a to be easily. 

25. Clouds. Big white fluffy clouds. I like to watch them floating across the sky. 

26. Touch. I am grateful for the sense of touch; holding hands with my hubby.......


27. NHS. I am grateful for the NHS. It's not perfect, nothing is, but it has saved the lives of people I love, including my own, and I treasure it. :)

28. Water. I am grateful that I have access to clean safe water. Can't live without it. 

29. Me. I'm grateful I am me. And for that I thank my wonderful mother. 

30. Procrastinating. I am seriously good at it, and I'm grateful that I am able to do it - a lot. ;) 


31. Cuddles. I never say no to a hug from my hubby. Or anyone else I love. 

32. Words. I'm not a wordsmith, but I love them, they're wonderful. Where would we be without words? 

33. The Universe. I love the universe! I wouldn't be here without it. 

34. Dreams. Daydreams, and dreaming whilst asleep, I enjoy both.

35. Body. I am grateful that my body has everything it should have, in the correct places. 

36. Kisses. Mwah! xxx

37. Trees. They are magnificent. They like hugs too. 

38. Stars. They twinkle! And brighten the night sky. 

39. Humour. There aren't many better feelings than having a good body-shaking laugh. Haha! :o 

40. Forgiveness. I am grateful that I do not hold grudges, or practice revenge. Forgiveness frees you. 


41. Freedom. Although no one is completely free, I am grateful to have the freedoms I do have, which are far more than many other people in the World. 

42. Sea. I love the sea. I can't swim, but I can happily spend hours by the sea. 

43. Flowers. They're pretty, they smell nice, and some even turn in to food. :) 

44. Oxygen. For making life possible. 

45. Internet. I spend way too much time online, I can't resist. It's fab! I can hardly remember life 
before the World Wide Web. ;) 


46. Music. I enjoy every genre of music there is. Love it!

47. Television. I know the 'idiot box' rots the brain, but I like it. 


48. Honesty. It's a cliche I know, but honesty truly is the best policy. :)

49. Intuition. For keeping me safe - when I pay attention to it. 

50. You! For visiting my blog, I thank you. :) 

What are you grateful for, and why? 




No comments:

Post a Comment